Sunday, April 17, 2016

What A Bargain!

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Sunday morning and we decided to go out for tacos and a stop by Home Depot to look at some things and get ideas.  This afternoon I'm going to Mexico City but I'll return tomorrow in time for happy hour.  I didn't want to stay out too long this morning so I could prepare my things and pack.  



Arrived to Home Depot and they were having a clearance sale.   Can you imagine the surprised look on my face when I saw a new Weber Q with all the instructions and complete (sans box) for $88 dollars?   I sure couldn't.   Unbelievable when just yesterday they had the larger one at HEB for 9000 pesos.  Yikes.  

Now we have one for home and one for trips.   I just need to find a place under the bed to store it in the trailer. 

We also got a nice fountain for the front yard for half price and three small appliances for $289 pesos; a sandwich machine, a toaster, and a coffee maker. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a deal. I thought we did well buying ours for $125 a couple of years ago.

    But, did you still save money if you buy it and don't really need it...? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never said I needed it, just that it was a bargain. But if it's always in the trailer than it's one less thing to pack. Remember we're still S&B! You know I'm not a big spender and we hardly ever buy anything for ourselves unless it's for home maintenance. No new cars, no fancy clothes, etc.

      Delete
  2. Wow, we have to pack ours back and forth. It travels in the car as does the propane tank. Great deals for certain but a sandwich maker? Thought you didn't eat bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I eat bread. But I try to always make my own without oil, milk and eggs.

      Delete