Sunday, December 13, 2015

Getting The Rv Ready To Roll

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

What I saw on my morning walk.  



Great weekend here at home.    Got some Christmas shopping done.   I don't buy much of anything and I am not the world's greatest consumer.   Now with the digitalization of Mexico I can no longer watch television for local news.  Bummer.  There is a converter but it didn't work out here in the sticks.  City signals don't come this far.  Solution?  Well, after having the same television for more than 20 years it was time to get something new.   This one will last until I die I suppose.   It has wifi, Netflix, YouTube and a great digital signal.   It needs to be hung on the wall but that can wait. 



This last week was the Christmas posada at school.  I won a gift card for 500 pesos and a raffle for a 500 peso bill.   That was pretty good.  It was a great dinner although I only had a couple of corn gorditas.   Large platters of meat and chicken were served and there was no veggie of any kind in sight.

The rv seems to be in good shape.  I am going to clean up the batteries and terminals.   The panel is charging well and the batteries are holding their charge.   I guess I can hold off another year on changing out the batteries.   New shocks for the SUV and a check of all the belts, hoses and fluid levels.   I have all the belts and hoses so if they need to be replaced they are on hand.

We're really looking forward to driving the Devil's Backbone (El Espinazo del Diablo).  We may spend a day or two boondocking there on our way to and from Mazatlan.  Can't wait.  

Another loaf of homemade vegan bread.

3 comments:

  1. Nice. Can't believe it was almost a year ago that we were in Mazatlan with you. Time flies when you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels. I am looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All meat and no vegies! Looks like the American diet is moving south. Everything working in the RV so have fun driving to Maz.

    ReplyDelete