Sunday, November 3, 2013

Moping Around

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

 If you can't rv you sit around and mope!   Not really, I've used this week wisely preparing for my sales adventure in Laredo tomorrow.   A visit to eight schools in the city will be my work for Monday, Tuesday and part of Wednesday.  Then I'll return to McAllen for a couple of days before getting my next assignment.  

Juan leaves for Mexico City, Guadalajara and Queretaro to do his follow up research for his PhD.  That is coming to a close too.  Queretaro is the national teachers convention and I wish I were going but not a big deal anymore.  Time for the younger guys to do their thing and show the English teaching world what they have learned.   I have spoken at enough conventions in my lifetime about teaching so time to move over.

I spent most of the week around the house doing things to prepare for winter.   As you can see by the pictures below, the pool is slowly draining via evaporation.   Juan says it's weird but I don't want the water to be wasted so I am looking for someone like the city to come and suck the water out.  40,000 liters is a lot of water when we have been living for three years in a severe drought.  Having a pool during these times is kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?



 Our poor gazebo is ready to be retired.   We are thinking about replacing it but haven't decided how or what to do.  Hopefully that can be put off for another year.   Planning is taking place for our great North America adventure.   I'm seriously thinking about starting a separate blog for that.   I figure five months on the road will take up a lot of space.  

I took the pictures this morning.  It is such a beautiful fall day that I couldn't resist.  That's where the moping comes into play.   I realized the other day that even though we are not rving, we are busy and going places.  Unfortunately, we are not always together on these trips.  It is beautiful here and we should appreciate where we live.   Enjoy the pics, the mountains here are beautiful.  

If you're heading down to Mexico feel free to stop by, always a free site available at home for a small rv or down the road at our little resort where you can have water, electric and a palapa all to yourselves.   

1 comment:

  1. I've never had a pool... but if the water has chlorine in it would it be okay to water plants etc? Seems it could be used for something....

    ReplyDelete