Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Another Twist

 
Well, I had a chat with my boss in Dallas and we decided it was best to blow off Eagle Pass.  I don't want to drive along the border for 280 miles by myself, not even on the Texas side in a Mexican car with Mexican plates.
 
Today I had another interesting situation.  A group of 200 students filled the auditorium.  They were great.  Some real downers but maybe they have some personal problem. 
 
So here comes the person in charge of PR for the school with camera in hand.  She went up to the top of the auditorium to take pictures.  When she came down, the students were taken a practice test so I went over to say hello and introduce myself.  I mentioned that she was taking pictures and she said, "I can only take the backs of their heads. If I take a picture from the front I will have to send out 209 permission slips before I can post the picture on the school website".  Now that is S-A-D.  However, and I reminded her, that she didn't need permission to take my picture.  Funny isn't it!
 
Anyway, it is all a learning experience and I am having a ball.  I am also thankful that I live in a country where we aren't tied at the wrists about rules, lawsuits, and little piddley rights.   No offense to anyone, but this is just way too much to digest.  No wonder nobody has any fun around here.
 
I know, bitch, bitch, bitch.   Rving is a lot more fun than this!

4 comments:

  1. You sound like a person ready for retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your observations as an expat revisiting our country are enlightening. Many changes have taken place and it certainly isn't progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, far too many rules in the U.S. and Canada. We found Europe to be quite a bit more relaxed, but not as relaxed as Mexico.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were at an outdoor "tattoo" event in Nova Scotia a few years ago... there was an elementary school group there as well and the kids were as interesting to watch as the bagpipers. I started taking photos of the kids and the teacher came up to me and said that I couldn't do that. I was truly surprised because I thought I was at a public even??? I know your school situation is different, but still.....

    ReplyDelete