Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Guilt I Am Suffering


Christmas went well and we continue to enjoy the holiday spirit here at home with music and a fire in the fireplace.  It has been colder than a well digger's arse in April and last night dipped down to -2C.  Our litte town of Santiago was on the news this morning as we had ice everywhere.

I had gotten up early and prepared my things for the gym when to my surprise the car door stuck a bit when I realized that ice had consumed my car .  The windshield was shiny bright and glazed.  I started the car and turned on the defroster front and back and went back in the house.  I turned up the heat in the living room and waited about 10 minutes before I went back out again.

I was a bum after that.  I came home from the gym and heated up two tamales on the comal and served those up with two fried eggs.  I tried to reach my nephew in Germany, read my emails and watched a bit of Judge Judy on the laptop to remind me what a world of idiots we live in.   Cable has been turned off and I doubt I will miss it.  We were gone so much this year and for what the cable costs, we could have funneled that into a month of rving somewhere.

I literally slept off and on all day.   Two naps, one from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. and again from 3:30 to 5:00.  I feel so guilty about doing nothing today.  I had hoped to wash the rv as we will be leaving on the 6th and it really needs a good bath.   I never made it.  We did manage to watch an episode of Breaking Bad on Netflix.

Tomorrow is another day and I am making the most of it

4 comments:

  1. Time for an update mi amigo! Your plans change faster than ours! Where are you going???

    ReplyDelete
  2. No reason to feel guilty about doing nothing and having a couple of naps. That's what retirement is for. You did your time when you worked, retirement is now your time to do what you want and if that means doing nothing for a day then good for you!

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. When folks ask me what I do all day since retirement, I say, "Nothing, but I saved some for tomorrow!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are entitled to just go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete