Friday, July 8, 2011

Just A Couple More Days!


Down to the wire now.  I spent this week tying up loose ends.  I got the batteries connected and set up.  I cut a piece of wood to use as a base in the battery tray on the hitch.  It just looked like too much bouncing and they could drop at an angle, not all the way through but out of position.  We are using bungee cords to tie down the batteries until we get to Valle de Juarez where we will have a box made.

I bought a new Guia Roji.  Ours was a 2006 edition and we never really used it.  I'm not a map guy, we just follow the signs.   We only have problems in the U.S., funny isn't it?  Probably the reverse for many people.  Sal and Barb gave us a good route to take so we can avoid Guadalajara.  It looks pretty much like the one on Google Earth although I haven't done a comparison yet.  I also purchased some 3M hooks for hanging pictures on the walls.  It needs to be a bit more homey.  I also was in a bit of a panic mode as I couldn't find one of our inverters.   It was hidden in one of the ottomans we bought during the Christmas holiday. 

Paid all the bills current and the rest we can pay at the bank in Valle de Juarez or via internet.  Wow, things have changed a lot over the years.   We used to have to leave money for people to pay things while we were gone.  Now it is easier than ever.  I got the yard work done so that will last for a week or two and the neighbor's worker can take over one day a week cutting the grass and keeping the pool clean. 

The forecast for Monday is rain.  Who cares.  I figure we will take off around 6 a.m. to get through Monterrey without traffic and before most of the transito wake up.  There are lots of public works projects going on now since the hurricane last year so there are many detours on the truck routes.  I will have to stop a transito and ask just to make sure.  All the laundry is done, the house is clean and I am covering the beds with plastic sheets to keep the dust off while we're gone.  I know, it sounds like we are leaving for a couple of years and it is only 6 or 7 weeks but for us it is the longest trip ever.

I had to stop and think for a minute this afternoon why we had all the contents of the trailer in boxes in the shed and then I remembered that when we imported the trailer we had to empty it for inspection.  That's how long it has been since we were on the road.

BTW, we now have a name for the trailer.   "La Muñeca".

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your new travels.
    Have a safe one.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful first trip in your 'doll', it sound like you are organized and ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in your RV named "the wrist"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it is all coming together. After this 'long' trip in 'the doll', you will want to keep on going and going. Buen viaje! As you see I finally got it together to start commenting here.

    ReplyDelete