Sunday, April 3, 2011

Planning Trips From Now Through Summer

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Our Spring break trip has come together.  My brother and SIL's flights were cancelled but rescheduled for another day.   We are good to go now and I am looking for things to do in Loreto.  

I got a call yesterday asking me to work in Baja California Norte.  I will be working in Tijuana, Mexicali, Rosarito, Tecate and Ensenada for a week.  I'll be on my own and they have offered me a rental car once I'm there but I think I will take buses to get around.  Afterall, I'll be working and not on vacation although I plan to take advantage of any free time I have.

Also, I spent most of this afternoon working on our summer vacation.  I have a rough idea of the route and please feel free to chime in with recommendations;  San Miguel de Allende, Queretaro, the state of Jalisco and down to Zihua.   We won't be in a hurry and we are looking for boondocking, dry camping, and inexpensive rv parks.   I have run across many opportunities and have sent out several emails hoping to get a response.

The weather today hit 39C and will stay there until Tuesday.  I have a list of activities planned for the week and one of them is sending off my taxes to my accountant in San Antonio.  I also need to do the refinance on the house in San Antonio.  I have put it off for months and I don't want to miss out on the opportunity of lowering the interest rate.  

On my list is cleaning the slideouts on the trailer, fixing the sconce lighting in the bedroom slideout that continues to pop one of the breakers once the light is turned on, in addition to that, the water heater won't stay lit.  

I have all the house and yard work done and the only thing in that area is watering the grass every evening.  

I have a good life and I should be more thankful.   We just finished a great ribeye on the grill along with salad and a great Mexican red wine.  I'm going for a dip in the pool now.  bye bye

4 comments:

  1. I'm always impressed by your organizational skills. It's good though that you remember what a great life we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're having fun with planning your summer vacation. Don't hesitate to contact us regarding any of our camping spots or any that we found later, especially around the Zhiua area. Can you send some of that nice weather up to Nova Scotia, it still hasn't warmed up, up here!

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I see from the pix of the trailer that you do not have slideout toppers. Think they would be a good investment the next time you go north. Keeps the top of the s/o cleaner and provides some shade/dead air space. We're a bit cooler because of them--especially when boondocking/bad pwoer. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bilmo, I thought about them in terms of keeping the tops clean but hadn't given thought to shading them. Good idea. Thanks Say hi to Mo.

    ReplyDelete