Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bonnie Pays A Visit

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I called home just a few minutes ago. The rains have started again, there are new mudslides in the same areas that have already been hit. Some friends of ours lost their street. Their house is intact but the cars are still buried in the garage. Until the street is cleared they cannot remove the cars and have them picked up by the insurance company.

Sand bags have been placed around the front of the house in hopes it will help keep the water at bay and keep it from entering the front gates.

I haven't been taking any pictures here in Oaxaca. I just don't feel good about it. I have been going out for dinner and believe it or not, I actually picked a winner. You see I have bad luck picking a restaurant. It's not for lack of practice. So this is one that Croft and Norma can count on. In fact, it is a gringo hangout which is something new for me. It is called La Olla here in the center of Oaxaca about three blocks from the main plaza.

Saturday I leave on a 4 p.m. flight and head directly from the airport in Monterrey to a fancy quinceƱera which is supposed to be the party of the year. Let's hope the rains start to subside.

They have closed all the bridges in Laredo so there are no open crossings as we speak.

2 comments:

  1. We had our first monsoonal rain today in So. AZ. It poured! This weekend is suppose to be worse. But nothing like you are experiencing. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad news about the weather Chris. I hope Juan is making out OK. Thanks for the restaurant tip!

    ReplyDelete