Friday, March 19, 2010

A Wrap Up of My Week

ay
living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I started out this week with a bad head cold. It settled in my chest, got a bit better yesterday and now this afternoon I feel like I lost ground and am back at zero. Like all else, this to will pass.

The interesting thing is I have received well wishes from everybody. I know you have read the Pie Lady. I met Beth when she was living in Saltillo. Her life has changed a lot since then and she now lives in the states. She a good egg and one hell of a pie maker. She sent me a mail saying that if she were here she would bake me a pie. Reminds me of my mom. Whenever there was a problem mom made me a sugar sandwich. Needless to say I don't have many of my own teeth anymore :).

Wayne just posted me well wishes too. I have never had a cold as bad as this one. Tomorrow I am doing a seminar for over 100 teachers at the Holiday Inn and I will make it through. The show must go on.

As you can see by the picture at the top, Spring has sprung and tomorrow is the first day. By the looks of the backyard and the pool we are just about ready for a two week break (from what?). I cut the grass and trimmed. I found that one corner of the yard is being invaded by different plants. (I can't say weeds, my neice is a botanist and she would kill me). For the life of me, I can't find anything to spread on the grass to promote growth of the good and eliminate the "plants" I don't want. This weekend I am buying more wood chips to lay around the palms on the side and flowers to surround the palms by the palapa.

I went to Home Depot this morning. I found a material to fill a crack that has taken over the driveway. There are just some things you can't find here. When we were in Florida I saw many commercials for a "crete" product that acts like a glue and dries like cement. I know the product I bought will not match. What I have learned, is that when you do cement driveways and sidewalks you do them is smaller squares. It makes it easier to replace when it does crack.

I did odd jobs around the house, I made it to the gym a couple of days running on the treadmill in hopes of burning this crude out of my head. During the day when I am down in bed I search on line for rvs. The Fundfinder model we want is becoming more and more scarce and further and further away. I guess when you really want something you do what you have to do to get it.

We finally joined AARP, I know it has its pros and cons but everywhere we were this last trip people accepted it. We also want to join the Escapees.

En fin, if anyone knows of two products that will help solve our "weed" problem and the "crete" product for filling cracks please let me know. Thanks fo sharing.

Oh, I almost forgot. Next week I will be working in Cancun and Merida. I have already contacted Jonna of Blah, Blah, Blah, Ginger and we hope to meet up while I'm in Merida. I have been in touch with them over the years. They own a Lazy Daze. It doesn't get much better than that in a Class C. By the way, whatever happened to Bill and Sharon that we met in Veracruz last Christmas?

4 comments:

  1. oh honey, I think you might have the flu rather than a cold. Either way, it will just take time. Lots of fluids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to FAX you some soup mi amigo! Lots of rest, fluids and Asprin.

    You will like Jonna and Mimi. Give them our best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rocmoc n Mexico/AZMarch 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM

    Hello Chris, hope you are feeling better. There is some of the same stuff going around Kino Bay. Maybe H1N1? It was a maybe for it coming back as the weather warmed. We are just getting over the worst bout of Montezuma's Revenge ever! Had to go to the clinic after 3 days of getting WORST. Took two IVs and 3 meds to clean me up. Better 3/4s, just the meds. I know you don't post on rv.net anymore but take a look tomorrow as I am going to post the meds and doses of the stuff the clinic gave us. We have since bought two backup doses for future encounters. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,
    We are still here, following your blog religously, We did not go to Mexico this winter. Spent the winter in New Mexico. We are heading toward San Antonio next week, will be there until mid April then heading to Ohio.
    I follow yours and Jonna's blog and enjoy both very much. Good luck on the search for the RV.
    Greetings to Juan.

    Bill and Sharon

    ReplyDelete