Monday, March 8, 2010

Rumors and More Rumors

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I'm not going to post anything that may get me into trouble. However, reading the forums some people have some very twisted ideas of what the world is made of.

"Why would anyone ever want to go to Mexico?"

"What is wrong with you people, don't you see the amount of crime that is occuring and the danger you are in?"

"I'm staying right here in the good ole U.S. of A where I know I'm safe".

The only true comment that has been posted but it was meant for the contrary was:

"Some people have their heads stuck in the sand".

One thing I am learning is that the "bad guys" don't like to come out in the rain. I have been tracking the local weather along with all the activities and it seems to hold true. I will continue to do so. No negative or positive comments here only observations.

Yesterday was "Día de la Familia" here in Mexico. We had a great time at a family gathering. There were about 40 of us, oldsters, youngsters and everything in between. We each brought covered dishes, watched dvds and videos of all the family gatherings past including quinceñeras, weddings and parties. Wow, I used to be a pretty handsome guy and the worst part of it is I never knew it. That was 20 years ago. We laughed and talked, had a few beers (not me, I was designated driver) and had some really good home cooking. We took a vegetable tray and a fruit tray thinking no on would be interested, the little kids ate both trays in a matter of 30 minutes. Good news on the health front.

The streets and the stores were packed. The psychosis appears to be just that. Self-induced, fed by the media and those involved. Nobody seemed afraid or scared yesterday. As I have said before, get out, know who your neighbors are, talk to people, bring back the "la convivencia familiar" (family togetherness).

Looks like we need to take control of the situation, have more days like yesterday and not let things around us put us in a tail spin of fear.

1 comment:

  1. A related article in the San Antonio Express-News

    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/state/Mexico_urged_to_probe_missing_journalists_reports.html

    ReplyDelete