Friday, June 26, 2009

Good Food in Sinaloa

Traveling along the Mexican coast line you can always find good food. I'm sure lots of you have your favorite places to eat including fine restaurants, palapas and taco stands along the avenues. Here in Los Mochis, El Farallon is an icon. It just happens to be two blocks from my hotel and I went there last night for dinner. The place is very elegant, the prices middle of the road (120 pesos), and the service excellent. I wish now I had taken more photos of the interior.

I ordered camarones con salsa chipotle. They were quite spicy, very flavorful and served with rice and steamed vegetables. You can see the plate of totopos or tostadas with salsa in the background which I finally had to tell the waiter to take away. To help keep the fire down, I had a chilled glass of chardonnay and passed on the desert.

It now looks like I will be here until Sunday morning. My reservations were changed and I will arrive in Tijuana around 1 p.m. and then head out for Ensenada. Tomorrow a group of teachers has invited me to lunch at the beach in Topolobampo. Ceviche and cold beer will be on the menu and I will show you Los Alamos numero 21 which we pass on the highway to the beach. A little surprise.

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment