Wednesday, April 29, 2009

H-A-C-E C-A-L-O-R! It's Really Hot!

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Since I came back home yesterday, Monterrey is suffering heavy cloud cover, no rain, but lots of heat and humidity. Excellent weather conditions for harboring the Novel Flu. I have showered three times today.

Lots of "pendientes" (things to do) today. I went to visit my accountant, stopped by Home Depot (looking for lily pads for the fountain), bought a new foam mattress cover, dropped off the bedspread for dry cleaning (80 pesos, what a deal and it will be ready tomorrow), and finally got in contact with the guy from the water department who does repair work on the side and is coming to fix the leak in the pool.

I also cancelled a home-coming party for the next weekend. Too bad, but we can't have 75 people in the yard and pool with all that is going on. I hated doing it but we need to think about the group as a whole. Some people were offended, but after I made the calls the afternoon news report was on the radio warning people not to have their usual "reunion domincal" or Sunday get together with family. So that gave me a little "respalda" or backup.

It was so hot that I turned on my little 5000 btu air conditioner in the travel trailer and went there to take a very, very long 2 hour nap. For some reason, probably the constant time changes I have been through on the West coast, I woke up at 3 a.m. and decided it was time for coffee. I had too much going on in the ole noggin that it was useless to go back to sleep.

However, I do want to confirm with you the following, that I am using my mask wherever I go. I took this on the plane yesterday as I was returning from Sinaloa.

So what's with all the cloud pictures from the airplane, you might ask? Well, I am a mama's boy, always have been and always will be. My mom died in May 1997. The last time I spoke to her she was in her hospital bed. When I asked her what she was doing she replied, " I'm looking out the window at the clouds, they are so beautiful". That was the last time she spoke to me. She died the next day. Ever since, I have always wondered what she saw in those clouds that day. I really miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment