Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hitting The Road In March

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com


It looks like I will have the month of March free. Spring Break, what a great time to travel. I have some things I want to do that have been on my list for quite some time. Here are a few:

1) rent a Hi-Lo travel trailer. I want to see if it is one of several viable options for our future boondocking experiences

2) I have always dreamed of having a motorhome. Having been raised to believe it is good to be the black sheep, I usually fall for the out-of-the-ordinary. This one would be a stop in New Mexico to check out a Siena motorhome. Siena was onced called the Flounder. The company continues and has recently added a new 35 ft model to its fleet of one floor plan. It is the only motorhome built with home appliances; refrigerator, range and oven, dishwasher, trash compactor and washer-dryer. A motorhome isnt in the short-term plan but you never know what the future holds.


3) I also want to see what is new with the XL line of Chalet A-frames. The XL models come with a dormer over either the bathroom or the kitchen depending on layout.

4) A trip out to West Texas would be nice staying at Lake Amistad for a night or two and then heading out to Big Bend looking for a spot at Chisos Basin. We did that over two years ago.

I could go on but the list is so long. There is just so much I have on my "to do" list and I will have to have a plan and pick and choose. I would also like to retrace my steps on Texas Hwy 385 that runs North and South to the edge of Colorado. That was a trip over four years ago when I had just brought the new trailer back to Monterrey weeks before the trip. That was fun.
So I guess what I am saying is that I have a month to myself to hit the road and just do whatever comes to mind. I need to check tomorrow and see how the tank replacement is coming along on the Shadow Cruiser. I think after all my dreaming, I will put in a new vinyl floor, replace the throw rug and reupholster the swivel chairs. That will hold my wanderlust for a new rig for another year or two.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,We are leaving De Alba Monday. Heading to Texas for a while. Your list of food items to take to Ohio looks ok to me but remember that liquids in any quantity over 3 ounces cannot be taken in carryon bags. Avacado seeds are never allowed. Have a good trip.Bill and Sharon

    ReplyDelete