Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's Official - Quinta Aruanda Is For Sale - Remax

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

The meeting went well today. The contract has been signed with the Remax agent. Martin came to the house this morning at 10 a.m. right on schedule. He took more photos, listed all the amenities, drew up the contract and it was signed on the dotted line.

Let's see what happens. He is first listing it online with Remax, sending it to other realty companies and after two weeks will start listing it in the paper and the El Norte online.

It's been a lot of fun here. Super quiet and private but now it is time to move on to the final destination.



The History of "Aruanda"

Many years ago on our first trip to Maui, we had the great fortune of finding Astrud Gilberto. My brother had loaned us his condo and his music chest. There we found our first Astrud CD. In case you don't know who Astrud is, she is the "Girl From Ipanima". Buried down in the CD was this fantastic song, "Take Me To Aruanda". The lyrics described the place I always wanted to find. Well, I did find it here in the quinta, hence the name "Quinta Aruanda". The new quinta will become Aruanda II. Here are the lyrics and you'll understand my feelings about where I live.

There's a land, Aruanda

Diamond sand, Aruanda

Silver stars on the hilltop

Take me to Aruanda

Lots of fish in the stream near,

Lots of dangers to dream there,

Golden sun in the valley

Take me to Aruanda.

There where nobody worries,

There where nobody hurries,

Easy life waving your welcome,

Take me there.

Leave my sadness behind me,

Let sweet paradise find me,

Heaven waits over yonder,

Take me to Aruanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment